New Jersey Community Theatre Holiday CD
 CAST PARTICIPANTS - About NJCTHCD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kengue

37 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2003 :  11:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit kengue's Homepage
What is "New Jersey Community Theatre Holiday CD" ?

It's a fundraiser - plain and simple. A two CD set of holiday music performed by you and many others.

Participating non-profit community theatres from around the state will be represented by you on the CD. All they have to do is say they want in and have at least one person performing in their name. (You will also get credit on the CD Jacket). All you have to do is audition, get cast, attend all rehearsals and perform at a concert or two to help promote the CD. Your theater will sell the CD and make money to help continue the work we do in community theatre. Concert ticket sales will be shared by the concert host and participating theaters.

What if your theatre is not participating ?

Good question. www.njtheater.com  will be maintaining a list of all
participating theater groups. If yours is not on the list you could ask them to join in. Even if they chose not to participate you can still represent them. For you the CD would be available on www.njtheater.com. The door does not close on anyone willing to participate. However, the one condition is that you must pick a home theatre company to participate.

How many others do you expect be part of this ?

James Curan (www.njtheater.com) has 255 registered theater groups in his database (give or take a few). If only one person from each group were to be part of the choir it would the the largest event of it's kind. This will draw out the media to cover our event. That kind of interest will generate more CD sales at each theater.

Why ?

This will be a statement in itself as we all struggle with budget cuts at the state level which impact our community theatres. Why not help ourselves. I would be kidding you if I were to say that this would be the cure-all for our financial needs. But it can't hurt and we sure can use some publicity at local levels and statewide.

Does it cost me or my theatre anything to join ?

The producer will cover all the costs. Individual theatres will not be required or asked to put up a cent in the production costs associated with the CD. There are no salaries to ANYONE. Everyone involved in this will be donating their time, talent, contacts, and whatever else is offered. Each theater will promote the sale of the Holiday CD to it's patrons, members and friends. 50% of the retail sale of the CD goes to the theatre. No risk / no cost to participating theatres.

Does this get you that 15min of fame?

I don't know - but who does? It's going to be fun and who doesn't want to be part of something with this kind of potential.
Theatres are already signing up. Musicians (performing free) are also signing up.

How then do you sign up?

Follow the link and pre-register for auditions. And don't forget to tell your friends and let your theater know about this project. Word-of-mouth of this fundraiser is important.

If you think that you have something to offer or have contacts which can help please contact me at [url]kengue@smstc.org[/url]

PreRegister Here

Edited by - kengue on 20 Jun 2003 12:30:32 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NJTheater.com © Copyright 1997-2009 NJTheater.com Go To Top Of Page