New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Miss Brodie
Advanced Member

2421 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Miss Brodie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is anyone interested in participating in a summer play reading club? We could all suggest plays to read, pick one of the suggestions for the group to read each week, and then discuss online. If it turns out to be a good thing, we could continue into the fall.

MsLeighM
Advanced Member

255 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  10:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit MsLeighM's Homepage  Send MsLeighM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes, interested.

"If I must dream, I would dream wonders." Daisaku Ikeda

Leigh
Go to Top of Page

Wednesday
Advanced Member

1765 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  10:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in. But I am not going to be required to write book reports and such am I? I suck at that. I do. Really. Badly. Do.

Miss Brodie
Advanced Member

2421 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  11:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Miss Brodie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wednesday

Count me in. But I am not going to be required to write book reports and such am I? I suck at that. I do. Really. Badly. Do.

Discussions online. No book reports.
Go to Top of Page

Wednesday
Advanced Member

1765 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  11:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Brodie

quote:
Originally posted by Wednesday

Discussions online. No book reports.

NOT even ...ON-LINE book reports???

Miss Brodie
Advanced Member

2421 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  11:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Miss Brodie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Somebody needs to slap that girl. But I won't. I won't. The hell I won't. ::SMACK::
Go to Top of Page

Wednesday
Advanced Member

1765 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  11:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Somebody needs to slap that girl. But I won't. I won't. The hell I won't. ::SMACK::

Well maybe you'll be around to slap me personally. I am coming to the country next weekend and will see MFL either Friday or Saturnday night. It all depends if I feel like being on a commuter train to Joisey on a Friday. Ick.

Edited by - Wednesday on 16 Jun 2004 11:59:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

MommaMona

9 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  12:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's a great idea and perhaps eventually we can persuade some the Theatres to do some new plays..count me in!
Go to Top of Page

jheron
Advanced Member

492 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  2:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is anyone interested in participating in a summer play reading club? We could all suggest plays to read, pick one of the suggestions for the group to read each week, and then discuss online. If it turns out to be a good thing, we could continue into the fall.

Great idea! Count me in. As far as plays, I'd love to see us reading Odets or something like that. Discuss whether it holds up. How about Golden Boy. Or how about some O'Casey or Synge. Playboy of the Western World. Some of the plays that were still popular in the 50s and 60s but aren't done much anymore. How about some absurdist stuff? Oh Dad, Poor Dad... Waiting for Godot?
Go to Top of Page

Miss Brodie
Advanced Member

2421 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  2:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Miss Brodie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, the first play to be read is GOLDEN BOY by Clifford Odets. Check your library, maybe in an anthology. We will discuss next Wednesday, June 23. Anybody who wants to join in - the more the merrier.
Go to Top of Page

hrhannek

20 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  3:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in! But this week may be rough...okay, if I can't do it this week, I'll still check in to see what's going on and what's next.

This sounds like fun!

"But surely a hermit who takes a newspaper is not a hermit in whom one can have complete confidence." --Tom Stoppard
Go to Top of Page

zadodci
Advanced Member

406 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  4:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in too! But I may put my two cents in on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

David M. Cicchelli
Treasurer
Spotlight Theatre Company
Go to Top of Page

Judy

165 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  10:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to participate also. I'll be off to my library tomorrow to find a copy.
Go to Top of Page

ksampino

103 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  08:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in too. I should be getting more familiar with the literature, but I usually need a good kick in the rear to get started. Consider me kicked.

BTW, I've already read "Golden Boy", but I'll take a look at it again. You can get anthologies of Odet's major plays from B&N or Amazon or any store of that ilk.

"He couldn't get a clue during clue mating season in a field full of horny clues with him smeared in clue musk and doing the clue mating dance"
- Edward Flaherty
Go to Top of Page

Prosper Block
Advanced Member

308 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  3:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please, count me in.
Go to Top of Page

Prosper Block
Advanced Member

308 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  3:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Prosper Block

Please, count me in. I'll be out of the office a good portion of Wednesday, June 23, but I'd like to "read" the discussion, and chime in, thereafter. Will there be a "Golden Boy" folder in which this will take place?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NJTheater.com © Copyright 1997-2009 NJTheater.com Go To Top Of Page